The New Jersey Conference on Disability and Employment returns in 2018 to Raritan Valley Community College in Branchburg. The conference is developed with the input of educators, service providers, families, employers and others who are committed to the concept of Employment First, which is premised on the assumption that individuals with significant disabilities, are capable of full participation in integrated employment.
The 2018 conference will focus on a range of issues including:
- The transition from school to employment: Learn how educators, employers, service providers and families have collaborated to create positive outcomes.
- On-boarding and training success stories: Case studies from national employers with a presence in New Jersey.
- The transportation challenge: What resources, assistance and training options are available in New Jersey for workers with Individuals with developmental and physical disabilities?
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act: How does it impact career planning and counseling activities?
- Assistive technology: Moving from the theoretical to the practical.